Tops Equestrian Events B.V., Global Champions Tour B.V., Global Champions GCL B.V. and affiliated companies ("GCT", "we", "us") act as data controller under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and relevant GDPR implementation Acts and the provisions of other applicable laws, regulations and rules.
As international equestrian sports organizers we endeavour to meet and surpass your expectations in all domains, including that of your privacy. We do this by ensuring that we provide quality service and at the same time, protect all your personal data entrusted to us.
• What personal data information we have and / or collect, and why we collect it;
• How we use that personal data;
• Your options and choices with respect to access, update or deleting your personal data;
• The cookies that we use for our website and their purposes.
Whose personal data do we collect?
Contracting Partners and Suppliers
We retain essential information about our suppliers, as required by law, and to fulfil our contractual obligations with them. Similarly, where our events are hosted with partners, we store information as required by the law, for completing our contractual obligations, and for protecting legitimate business interests.
Competitors and Crewmembers
As required by law, equestrian competition rules and to fulfil our contractual obligations, we record the personal data of competitors, their teams and crewmembers.
Marketing, Communications, Website visitors and Ecommerce clients
We provide you with regular information, including news, event invitations, updates, or tailored communications, which we think, may interest you. For this reason, we process your personal data in our client relation management systems. You may at any time unsubscribe yourself from our mailing list, by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of each newsletter email. We do not share, license or sell your email addresses.
With respect to other communications, we collect your personal data because you are or have been a participant in or visitor to our events, a visitor to our website or other valued contact. At all times, we try to send only the most pertinent communications and personalize our communications to the extent possible. Furthermore, we use the information provided by you to better understand the recipients of our communications and to improve our communications.
How do we collect your personal data?
We may collect information about you:
• directly from you, such as the information you have provided to us at the time of opting-in for any of our communications, such as the mailing lists or when you interact with us directly (by email, telephone or letter);
• when you enter into an agreement with us;
What are our legal bases for collecting your personal data?
We have six legal bases for lawfully collecting and processing your personal data:
• Your consent – which is self-evident;
• Contractual obligations – that we may have to each other;
• Our legitimate interest – (e.g. managing and administering the relationship with our clients and suppliers, which may include marketing activities)
• Legal compliance – if we are required by law to process some personal data, such as for identification purposes.
• Vital interest – if it is in your vital interest that we store some personal information – for example, food allergy information.
• Public interest – if required by a public authority or in public interest
What personal data do we collect from you?
• Basic information (such as your name, gender, title, position, the company you work for, your relationship to our organization)
• Contact details (email, address, telephone numbers)
• Link to your LinkedIn page
• Your contact person at GCT
• Data necessary for processing invoices
• Personal data provided to us in the course of rendering services which may include special categories of data (such as passport number, citizen service number)
• Data relating to your attendance of events, areas of interest, dietary requirements
• Marketing lists in which you are included based on your areas of interest
• opt-in / opt-out for marketing materials
• opt-in / opt-out for other Communications
• whether you have opened the Communications and or clicked on any links included in the Communications
• Metrics of your visit on our website
• Any other personal data relating to you that you provide to us
For what purposes do we collect this personal data from you?
We collect your personal data to:
• correctly address your in any communication
• process and to respond to requests, enquiries or complaints received from you;
• manage and administer our relationship with you;
• comply with regulatory and policy requirements;
• provide services requested by you;
• identify services you may be interested in;
• communicate with you about our services;
• provide and improve our website by generating statistics regarding the use of the website;
• monitor and analyse our business processes and systems;
• handle your job application or subscription to any of our recruitment services or events;
• business development activities;
• customize our communications.
With whom do we share your personal data?
Our Partners in the EU
In the context of the purposes as listed above, we may share your personal data with third parties, such as parties that help us organize or host our events and researchers that help us analyse our Communications. However, we ensure that there are contractual obligations on all our third party entities with respect to the handling and protection of your personal data.
Our Partners outside the EU
As a general rule, we do not share your personal data as set out above with other parties located in countries outside the European Union, which countries may offer a lower level of data protection than in the Netherlands. However, this may be difficult if we organize an event in a country outside the EU and, hence, the host of our event is located in such country. In such cases, if entities based in non-EU countries are to handle your data, we shall ensure that sufficient measures are always taken to ensure adequate protection of your personal data.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal data to a party who may purchase any or all of our assets. However, we ensure that there are contractual obligations on such third party with respect to the handling and protection of your personal data.
Law Enforcement Agencies
We reserve the right to disclose your personal data to any law enforcement agency requesting it in connection with the commission of any offence, once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request. We also reserve the right to access and disclose your personal data in order to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly or to protect our users and ourselves.
How long do we store your personal data?
How do we protect your personal data?
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing. The latest version of our data protection policy is available upon request. A copy of the information security policy is available upon request.
What are your rights and how you can exercise them?
The GDPR foresees in certain rights for data subjects. You, as a data subject, have the right to:
• information about and access to your personal data;
• rectify or correct your personal data;
• request erasure of your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’);
• restrict or object to the processing of your personal data;
• receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to (have) transmit(ted) your personal data to another organization;
• object against profiling;
• withdraw your consent for the future to the extent that the processing of your personal dat takes place on the basis of your consent.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Netherlands Data Protection Authority, i.e., the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
(i) Most browsers are pre-set to automatically accept cookies. You can change this setting by activating the setting *do not accept cookies* in your browser.
(ii) You can delete existing cookies at any time. You can find out how this works in detail in the instructions of your browser or device manufacturer.
Category of cookies.
We categorize cookies as follows:
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
Overview of cookies used on our website:
|Cookie name||Provider||Cookie purpose description||Expiry||Type|
|csrftoken||instagram.com||Helps prevent Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) attacks.||1 year||Necessary|
|_ga||gcglobalchampions.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years||Statistics|
|_gat||gcglobalchampions.com||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||session||Statistics|
|_gid||gcglobalchampions.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||session||Statistics|
|collect||Google-analytics.com||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behavior. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||session||Marketing|
|GPS||Youtube.com||Registers an unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location.||session||Marketing|
|PREF||Youtube.com||Registers an unique ID that is used by Google to keep statistics of how the visitor uses You Tube videos across different websites.||8 months||Marketing|
|VISITOR_INFO 1_LIVE||Youtube.com||Tries to estimate the users’ bandwith on pages with integrated You Tube videos.||179 days||Marketing|
|YSC||Youtube.com||Registers an unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from You Tube the user has seen.||Session||Marketing|
Tops Equestrian Events B.V.
Global Champions Tour B.V.
Global Champions GCL B.V.
Attn.: Privacy Officer
5556 VB Valkenswaard